Monthly Archives: October 2016
HAMEREX – TRAITOR
RELEASE DATE: 7TH OCTOBER, 2016
LABEL: IX MUSIC
Track 1 – Traitor
The title track of the album starts with a bass introduction. Before it breaks into melodic vocals, which is high pitched in places. It’s quite a long song at just over 6 minutes, and is mid paced with a heavy sound.
Track 2 – The Dark Tower
It starts with a guitar intro which sounds mysterious, before the drums kick in bringing the pace up slightly. A dark sounding track, like the title suggests. It has a great solo guitar riff in the middle of the track and has plenty of chugging riffs all the way through the track. A good track for headbanging..
Track 3 – Dead Mountain
Starts off with the drums beating in the intro. A medium paced Heavy Metal track. There are hints of classic N.W.O.B.H.M bands in this track.
Track 4 – The Nameless One
I thought this was going to be a ballad, because of the intro. It is very deep and dark at times, with very strong vocals.There is a burst of energy before going back to the slow pace, which changes often throughout. I like the variety of tempo in this track.
Track 5 – Eyes Of Deceit
There is more energy in this song than in previous tracks. Again, it has a longish intro, but still sounds dark. The drums give a steady beat during the track.
Track 6 – The Abyss
The instrumental and shortest track of the album. It has a nice mellow intro, with the drums slowly building up. There are some nice clean riffs repeated throughout. There is a nice change of feel towards the middle of the track, and it ends with some nice, fast drums.
Track 7 – The Evil Within
This is by far the longest track of the album, coming in at just over 9 minutes. There is a thrashy intro. It’s a quite heavy sounding song with some nice riffs and drum beats. About a third into the track there is a change of tempo, to a more slower and relaxed feel. There are some cool guitar effects and some good riffs repeated throughout the song.
Track 8 – Journeys End
A heavy Black Sabbath style intro, leads into a chugging guitar riff. Another N.W.O.B.H.M style song with Sabbath undertones. Which is no bad thing. I really like the punchy guitar solo and the feedback outro.
Overall I enjoyed the album and will be checking out the other Hamerex releases. I like the classic feel of some of the songs.
I rate the album 8/10
- GHOST – SQUARE HAMMER
- FRANK CARTER & THE RATTLESNAKES – LULLABY
- CHARIOTS OF THE GODS – TUSK
- MESHIAAK – CHRONICLES OF THE DEAD
- TROPICAL CONTACT – LUAN
- LED ZEPPELIN – ROCK ‘N’ ROLL
- AC/DC – DOWN PAYMENT BLUES
- RAINBOW – STARGAZER
- LACERTILIA – THE WIRED AND THE WEIRD
- GOJIRA – STRANDED
- BAD LLAMA – THE WOLF YOU FEED
- BLACK ORCHID EMPIRE – THIS CITY
- ANTHRAX – INDIANS
- WHITESNAKE – STILL OF THE NIGHT
- REIGN OF FURY – DEATH BE THY SHEPHERD
- STONEGHOST – RAYNARDINE
- ABSOLVA – FREE
- SOMA DARK – PASSENGERS OF TIME
- VOLA – THE SAME WAR
- RAVENEYE – WANNA FEEL YOU
- AUDREY HORNE – WAITING FOR THE NIGHT
- AMON AMARTH – RAISE YOUR HORNS
- HAMEREX – THE DARK TOWER
- ILLYRIAN – WALKING IN SUNSHINE
- TEQUILA MOCKINGBYRD – I SMELL ROCK ‘N’ ROLL
- iDESTROY – STATE OF THE ART
- BLACK DREAMS – SOUL STEALER
- KOBRA AND THE LOTUS – TRIGGERPULSE
- SAXON – 747 (STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT)
- IRON MAIDEN – PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
- DOMINICIDE – MONSTROSITY
- OBZIDIAN – SYMMETRY OF DISORDER
- HAMMERFALL – THE SACRED VOW
- DIE NO MORE – DESTRUCTION COMPLETE
- THOSE DAMN CROWS – 7 DAYS
- THE ANSWER – SOLAS
- JUDAS PRIEST – A TOUCH OF EVIL
- PANTERA – CEMETERY GATES
- MONTE PITTMAN – ARISEN IN BROAD DAYLIGHT
- CANDIRIA – TEN THOUSAND TEARS
- TRIAXIS – DYING SUN
- ZOMBIE RODEO – REPLACEMENT MEMORIES