GOD SHAPED DEVIL – CREATOR OF SODOM EP.
Track 1: Lobotomy
The EP starts off with an instrumental track, which features a cool repeated riff.
Track 2: Continuum
The intro leads into shouty vocals. A good mixture of clean and shouty vocals. It has cool guitar riffs and pounding drums throughout the track. A great song to headbang to.
Track 3: Creator of Sodom
The title track of the EP. Again heavy guitars and pounding drums. A very catchy chorus. It’s quite easy to imagine the crowd singing along because of the simple catchy words.
Track 4: Rage inside
A track similar to the previous tracks, but with more clean vocals. I like the guitar solo in this one. A very bouncy track that will get you moving.
Track 5: Pray for Death
Great drum beat that gets you nodding along. Some nice changes of feel, from clean to growl then back to clean. Another really good guitar solo in this song. Nice gentle outro.
Released: 6th November 2015
For fans of Pantera
Self released EP.
Rated 8.5 / 10
Jovi Hacker (12)
- SEMBLANT – WHAT LIES AHEAD
- SOLITUDE – VENOM’S ANGEL
- KORN – THE HATING
- MARYTREE – WHATEVER
- HIEROGLYPH – STARLIGHT (THE HIGH PRIESTESS)
- KREATOR – PLEASURE TO KILL
- SLAYER – RAINING BLOOD
- KVELERTAK – SVARTMESSE
- HAMEREX – THE DARK TOWER
- DIE NO MORE – THE ENEMY WITHIN
- PRIMITAI – BRACE FOR STORMS
- EUJENICS – FAR STRONGER
- SOUND OF ORIGIN – SEEDS OF THE PAST
- MOTORHEAD – CRAZY LIKE A FOX
- SEPULTURA – ROOTS BLOODY ROOTS
- DIABULUS IN MUSICA – EARTHLY ILLUSIONS
- MESHIAAK – ALLIANCE OF THIEVES
- DAKESIS – TO CONQUER OR DIE
- TRIAXIS – MINISTRY OF TRUTH
- ATTICA RAGE – BEYOND THE 45
- KILL II THIS – TRINITY
HAMEREX – TRAITOR
RELEASE DATE: 7TH OCTOBER, 2016
LABEL: IX MUSIC
Track 1 – Traitor
The title track of the album starts with a bass introduction. Before it breaks into melodic vocals, which is high pitched in places. It’s quite a long song at just over 6 minutes, and is mid paced with a heavy sound.
Track 2 – The Dark Tower
It starts with a guitar intro which sounds mysterious, before the drums kick in bringing the pace up slightly. A dark sounding track, like the title suggests. It has a great solo guitar riff in the middle of the track and has plenty of chugging riffs all the way through the track. A good track for headbanging..
Track 3 – Dead Mountain
Starts off with the drums beating in the intro. A medium paced Heavy Metal track. There are hints of classic N.W.O.B.H.M bands in this track.
Track 4 – The Nameless One
I thought this was going to be a ballad, because of the intro. It is very deep and dark at times, with very strong vocals.There is a burst of energy before going back to the slow pace, which changes often throughout. I like the variety of tempo in this track.
Track 5 – Eyes Of Deceit
There is more energy in this song than in previous tracks. Again, it has a longish intro, but still sounds dark. The drums give a steady beat during the track.
Track 6 – The Abyss
The instrumental and shortest track of the album. It has a nice mellow intro, with the drums slowly building up. There are some nice clean riffs repeated throughout. There is a nice change of feel towards the middle of the track, and it ends with some nice, fast drums.
Track 7 – The Evil Within
This is by far the longest track of the album, coming in at just over 9 minutes. There is a thrashy intro. It’s a quite heavy sounding song with some nice riffs and drum beats. About a third into the track there is a change of tempo, to a more slower and relaxed feel. There are some cool guitar effects and some good riffs repeated throughout the song.
Track 8 – Journeys End
A heavy Black Sabbath style intro, leads into a chugging guitar riff. Another N.W.O.B.H.M style song with Sabbath undertones. Which is no bad thing. I really like the punchy guitar solo and the feedback outro.
Overall I enjoyed the album and will be checking out the other Hamerex releases. I like the classic feel of some of the songs.
I rate the album 8/10
- GHOST – SQUARE HAMMER
- FRANK CARTER & THE RATTLESNAKES – LULLABY
- CHARIOTS OF THE GODS – TUSK
- MESHIAAK – CHRONICLES OF THE DEAD
- TROPICAL CONTACT – LUAN
- LED ZEPPELIN – ROCK ‘N’ ROLL
- AC/DC – DOWN PAYMENT BLUES
- RAINBOW – STARGAZER
- LACERTILIA – THE WIRED AND THE WEIRD
- GOJIRA – STRANDED
- BAD LLAMA – THE WOLF YOU FEED
- BLACK ORCHID EMPIRE – THIS CITY
- ANTHRAX – INDIANS
- WHITESNAKE – STILL OF THE NIGHT
- REIGN OF FURY – DEATH BE THY SHEPHERD
- STONEGHOST – RAYNARDINE
- ABSOLVA – FREE
- SOMA DARK – PASSENGERS OF TIME
- VOLA – THE SAME WAR
- RAVENEYE – WANNA FEEL YOU
- AUDREY HORNE – WAITING FOR THE NIGHT
- AMON AMARTH – RAISE YOUR HORNS
- HAMEREX – THE DARK TOWER
- ILLYRIAN – WALKING IN SUNSHINE
- TEQUILA MOCKINGBYRD – I SMELL ROCK ‘N’ ROLL
- iDESTROY – STATE OF THE ART
- BLACK DREAMS – SOUL STEALER
- KOBRA AND THE LOTUS – TRIGGERPULSE
- SAXON – 747 (STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT)
- IRON MAIDEN – PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
- DOMINICIDE – MONSTROSITY
- OBZIDIAN – SYMMETRY OF DISORDER
- HAMMERFALL – THE SACRED VOW
- DIE NO MORE – DESTRUCTION COMPLETE
- THOSE DAMN CROWS – 7 DAYS
- THE ANSWER – SOLAS
- JUDAS PRIEST – A TOUCH OF EVIL
- PANTERA – CEMETERY GATES
- MONTE PITTMAN – ARISEN IN BROAD DAYLIGHT
- CANDIRIA – TEN THOUSAND TEARS
- TRIAXIS – DYING SUN
- ZOMBIE RODEO – REPLACEMENT MEMORIES