HAMEREX – TRAITOR
RELEASE DATE: 7TH OCTOBER, 2016
LABEL: IX MUSIC
Track 1 – Traitor
The title track of the album starts with a bass introduction. Before it breaks into melodic vocals, which is high pitched in places. It’s quite a long song at just over 6 minutes, and is mid paced with a heavy sound.
Track 2 – The Dark Tower
It starts with a guitar intro which sounds mysterious, before the drums kick in bringing the pace up slightly. A dark sounding track, like the title suggests. It has a great solo guitar riff in the middle of the track and has plenty of chugging riffs all the way through the track. A good track for headbanging..
Track 3 – Dead Mountain
Starts off with the drums beating in the intro. A medium paced Heavy Metal track. There are hints of classic N.W.O.B.H.M bands in this track.
Track 4 – The Nameless One
I thought this was going to be a ballad, because of the intro. It is very deep and dark at times, with very strong vocals.There is a burst of energy before going back to the slow pace, which changes often throughout. I like the variety of tempo in this track.
Track 5 – Eyes Of Deceit
There is more energy in this song than in previous tracks. Again, it has a longish intro, but still sounds dark. The drums give a steady beat during the track.
Track 6 – The Abyss
The instrumental and shortest track of the album. It has a nice mellow intro, with the drums slowly building up. There are some nice clean riffs repeated throughout. There is a nice change of feel towards the middle of the track, and it ends with some nice, fast drums.
Track 7 – The Evil Within
This is by far the longest track of the album, coming in at just over 9 minutes. There is a thrashy intro. It’s a quite heavy sounding song with some nice riffs and drum beats. About a third into the track there is a change of tempo, to a more slower and relaxed feel. There are some cool guitar effects and some good riffs repeated throughout the song.
Track 8 – Journeys End
A heavy Black Sabbath style intro, leads into a chugging guitar riff. Another N.W.O.B.H.M style song with Sabbath undertones. Which is no bad thing. I really like the punchy guitar solo and the feedback outro.
Overall I enjoyed the album and will be checking out the other Hamerex releases. I like the classic feel of some of the songs.
I rate the album 8/10
- GHOST – SQUARE HAMMER
- FRANK CARTER & THE RATTLESNAKES – LULLABY
- CHARIOTS OF THE GODS – TUSK
- MESHIAAK – CHRONICLES OF THE DEAD
- TROPICAL CONTACT – LUAN
- LED ZEPPELIN – ROCK ‘N’ ROLL
- AC/DC – DOWN PAYMENT BLUES
- RAINBOW – STARGAZER
- LACERTILIA – THE WIRED AND THE WEIRD
- GOJIRA – STRANDED
- BAD LLAMA – THE WOLF YOU FEED
- BLACK ORCHID EMPIRE – THIS CITY
- ANTHRAX – INDIANS
- WHITESNAKE – STILL OF THE NIGHT
- REIGN OF FURY – DEATH BE THY SHEPHERD
- STONEGHOST – RAYNARDINE
- ABSOLVA – FREE
- SOMA DARK – PASSENGERS OF TIME
- VOLA – THE SAME WAR
- RAVENEYE – WANNA FEEL YOU
- AUDREY HORNE – WAITING FOR THE NIGHT
- AMON AMARTH – RAISE YOUR HORNS
- HAMEREX – THE DARK TOWER
- ILLYRIAN – WALKING IN SUNSHINE
- TEQUILA MOCKINGBYRD – I SMELL ROCK ‘N’ ROLL
- iDESTROY – STATE OF THE ART
- BLACK DREAMS – SOUL STEALER
- KOBRA AND THE LOTUS – TRIGGERPULSE
- SAXON – 747 (STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT)
- IRON MAIDEN – PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
- DOMINICIDE – MONSTROSITY
- OBZIDIAN – SYMMETRY OF DISORDER
- HAMMERFALL – THE SACRED VOW
- DIE NO MORE – DESTRUCTION COMPLETE
- THOSE DAMN CROWS – 7 DAYS
- THE ANSWER – SOLAS
- JUDAS PRIEST – A TOUCH OF EVIL
- PANTERA – CEMETERY GATES
- MONTE PITTMAN – ARISEN IN BROAD DAYLIGHT
- CANDIRIA – TEN THOUSAND TEARS
- TRIAXIS – DYING SUN
- ZOMBIE RODEO – REPLACEMENT MEMORIES
Review of the new SKREAMER album, King Of Crows (released 12/09/2016 via Metal Hammer
- MY DARKNESS.
It starts off slow with a quiet music background and the vocalist talking. The tempo starts to build then suddenly heavy drum beats and growling vocals kick in. It then goes back to quiet with whispering vocals, which then build up into a fast tempo. I could imagine a good mosh pit with this song. I love the sudden changes in this song, one minute quiet the next fast and loud.
- PIG FEED.
This is a lot faster and louder than the first track. With fast guitar playing and crashing fast drum beats.This has deep power chords.The vocals change between shouty and growly. I like this because you can understand what the vocalist is saying.
Starts off quiet and slow but quickly crescendos to a much louder heavier beat, with fast paced guitars. Great track to headbang to.
Very slow smooth harmonic track. Was not expecting this type of song. The clean guitars and vocals show that the band have a good variation of musical tastes. Towards the end of the track it spends up and ends in a crashing cymbal.
- LET ‘EM BURN.
Starts off slow with growly vocals. Gently speeds up and slows down again. More of a middle paced song than all out thrash.The bass is more prominent on this track then the rest. I like the bass on this track.
- WELCOME TO PARADISE.
This is a totally different style of track. The vocalist raps, while the bass sets the tempo. There is a repetitive guitar riff all the way through this track. The drums are slow and quiet.
- THIS IS WAR.
Starts off with feedback, then the guitars, bass and drums kick in. The vocalist goes back to growly on this track. Really like the cool bass line and riffs. Not as fast as some of the other tracks, but heavier than most.
- KING OF CROWS.
The title track of the album. Starts off with cool bass riffs and some rapping. It soon gets heavy with growls and more rapping. Like the mix of growls and rapping on the song. It has some good clean guitar riffs throughout the track. I could imagine the crowd moshing to this.
Overall a good album which I rate 9/10
Fans of Slipknot would enjoy this album
Jovi Hacker (aged 12)
- WOVENWAR – CENSORSHIP
- FAHRAN – BLACK MIRROR
- KOBRA AND THE LOTUS – TRIGGERPULSE
- RESIN – ANGEL
- HAMEREX – TRAITOR
- BE’LAKOR – AN EMBER’S ARC
- FRACTAL CYPHER – LOST
- TYGETS OF PAN TANG – DON’T STOP BY
- Y&T – I BELIEVE IN YOU
- Rise of the Phoenix: PSYCHOSTICK – DANGER ZONE (Kenny Loggins cover)
- MONTE PITTMAN – BE VERY AFRAID
- MEDEVIL – THE ANGEL OF RAIN
- SLAYER – ANGEL OF DEATH
- METALLICA – WELCOME HOME (SANITARIUM)
- VALOUS – DREAMS
- CHARIOTS OF THE GODS – THROUGH DARKNESS AND DECAY
- WOODS OF YPRES – I WAS BURIED IN MOUNT PLEASANT CEMETERY
- THE AGONIST – THE OCEAN
- MOTORHEAD – SUICIDE
- RAIN MAY FALL – WATCH ME DROWN
- CHARIOTS OF THE GODS – AGES UNSUNG
- MONTE PITTMAN – PANIC ATTACK
- DIE NO MORE – THE ENEMY WITHIN
- REKOMA – CIRCLE OF HATE
- DETHANATOR – I AM THUNDERGOD
- GRIM REAPER – WALKING IN THE SHADOWS
- DIO – DON’T TALK TO STRANGERS
- Y & T – MEAN STREAK
- CORE OF NATION – EYE OF THE SERPENT
- INDYA – STRIP ME DOWN
- CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED – THE SOULLESS
- JINJER – JUST ANOTHER
- DIE NO MORE – DESTRUCTION COMPLETE
- TRIAXIS – AURORA
- JUDAS PRIEST – THE SENTINEL
- SCORPIONS – STILL LOVING YOU
- ALLEGAEON – SUBDIVISIONS
- PSYCHOSTICK – BLUE SCREEN
- ILLYRIAN – WALKING IN SUNSHINE
- SHADECROWN – LED ASTRAY
- IRON MAIDEN – SPEED OF LIGHT
- IRON MAIDEN – TEARS OF A CLOWN
- ALLEGAEON – TERRATHAW AND THE QUAKE
- UNLEASH THE ARCHERS – TONIGHT WE RIDE
- BABYLON FIRE – I STILL REMEMBER
- ATTICA RAGE – FALLING DOWN
- FURY – THE BATTLE OF SHADOWS VALE
- GRAND MAGUS – FORGED IN IRON, CROWNED IN STEEL
- GREEN DAY – BANG BANG
- EDGUY – SUPERHEROES
- NECROMANCING THE STONE – RITUALISTIC DEMISE
- SABATON – BLOOD OF BANNOCKBURN
- EVIL SCARCROW – HURRICANADO
- PSYCHOSTICK – SO HEAVY
- BROKEN – LEAVING IN SILENCE
- THOSE DAMN CROWS – FEAR OF THE BROKEN
- LACERTILIA – TANGLED UP
- MARILYN MANSON – THIRD DAY OF A SEVEN DAY BINGE
- CANDIRIA – MEREYA
- CHASING GHOSTS – FALLEN FROM GRACE
- SKINDRED – NINJA
The demands from fans have been met! PSYCHOSTICK, the comedy metal rock kings, are returning to the UK and they’re bringing their friends, the legendary Green Jellÿ for the ‘PsychoJellÿ Tour’. With hilarious lyrics, heavy riffs, notorious stage antics and high-energy performances this tour just got bigger! PSYCHOSTICK‘s 2015 ‘Ugly Americans Tour’ with Dog Fashion Disco was only 9 dates, but the guys have stretched the jelly! Their 2016 tour across the UK this fall will be from September 13th to October 1st to satisfy the hunger and bring more of ‘Beer’, ‘Obey The Beard’, ‘Dogs Like Socks’, ‘Bruce Campbell’, ‘Do Want A Taco?’ among many other tracks to be performed live! Plus fans can anticipate coming next week… a new music video for ‘So Heavy’!
“Our first tour over in the UK was genuinely a dream come true. Now that we’re going back, I want that dream to come EXTRA true. I want to see all my new friends again, and have a cheese and onion toasty.” – Guitarist Josh ‘The J’ Key.
PSYCHOSTICK‘s 2014 album ‘IV: Revenge of The Vengeance’ was released via on Rock Ridge Music. The album features 21 tracks of pure rock comedy genius with titles such as ‘Obey The Beard‘, ‘Dogs Like Socks‘, ‘Quack Kills’ (a song about anatidaephobia: the fear of being watched by a duck), ‘Bruce Campbell’ (a tribute to the 21st century’s most beloved action hero), ‘NSFW’ featuring Bill Manspeaker (founder of Green Jellÿ), a spoof cover of Kenny Loggins’ ‘Danger Zone’ and many more! There’s no wonder why these guys are the kings of parody metal!
Green Jellÿ (pronounced “green jello”) started more than 30 years ago and has had over 400 band member changes, plus has sold over 2 million records to keep fans still knocking heads!
The band has had hundreds of members during its lifetime, with Bill Manspeaker the only consistent member throughout. The lineup during their most popular album release, ‘Cereal Killer’ is typically referenced as it contained several musicians who went on to appear in other major 1990s bands, such as Danny Carey and Maynard James Keenan of Tool. Green Jellÿ is best known for ‘The Three Little Pigs’, a #1 selling single on Billboard with a Grammy nominated music video.
Formed in 1981 in Kenmore, NY, by founding member Bill Manspeaker, the band was originally named Green Jellö, but changed the name due to legal pressure from the owners of the Jell-O trademark, Kraft Foods, who claimed that it was an infringement of their trademark. Throughout the early 80’s, Green Jellÿ performed throughout New York, opening for bands like the Ramones and New York Dolls. Their reputation for over-the-top live performances and food-hurling audiences got them banned from most local venues.
UK Dates: ‘PsychoJellÿ Tour’
Sept 13 – Southampton, UK – Engine Rooms
Sept 14 – Reading, UK – Sub 89
Sept 15 – Chester, UK – The Live Rooms
Sept 16 – Nottingham, UK – Rock City Basement
Sept 17 – Swansea, UK – The Scene
Sept 18- Bristol, UK – The Fleece
Sept 19 – Cardiff, UK – The Globe
Sept 20 – Leamington, UK – Zephyr Lounge
Sept 21 – Manchester, UK – Rebellion Bar
Sept 22 – Glasgow, UK – Classic Grand Lounge
Sept 23 – Huddersfield, UK – The Parish
Sept 24 – Milton Keynes, UK – Craufurd Arms
Sept 26 – Norwich, UK – Waterfront
Sept 27 – London, UK – Boston Music Rooms
Sept 29 – Newcastle, UK – Cluny
Sept 30 – Wolverhampton, UK – Slade Rooms
Oct 1 – Brighton, UK – Apocalypse