- DEATH BLOOMS – LAST ONES
- PROBOT – SHAKE YOUR BLOOD (with Lemmy)
- THE ROCKET DOLLS – NONE OF THIS IS RIGHT
- MOTORHEAD – OVERKILL
- FASTWAY – EASY LIVING
- ASYLUM CITY ZOO – BAIT THE HOOK
- BLACK MOTH – MOONBOW
- HAMFERD – HON SYNDRAST
- APOPHYS – CHILDREN OF THE STARS
- UNLEASH THE ARCHERS – TEN THOUSAND AGAINST ONE
- AUDREY HORNE – THIS IS WAR
- FASTWAY – WE BECOME ONE
- MOTORHEAD – ACE OF SPADES
- IRON MAIDEN – THE CLANSMAN
- BLACK LABEL SOCIETY – ROOM OF NIGHTMARES
- COHEED & CAMBRIA – WELCOME HOME
- PALLBEARER – I SAW THE END
- CARCASS – MOUNT OF EXECUTION
- KHIRAL – LICHEN
- COURTESANS – FEEL THE SAME
- deVience – HOLDIN’ ME BACK
- MARYTREE – HUNGRY LUNG
- AUDREY HORNE – AUDREVOLUTION
- MEGAHERZ – VORHANG AUF
- SHINIGAMI – A//PART
- RED RAVEN DOWN – ASHES
- AMERICAN STANDARDS – BARTENDERS WITHOUT WINGS
- VANTABLACK WARSHIP – CRISIS
- THE CROWN – IRON CROWN
- VINIDE – THE BOMBS
- LEGEND OF THE SEAGULLMEN – SHIPWRECK
- MONTE PITTMAN – BE VERY AFRAID
- PROTOSEQUENCE – SHEPHERD
- RED RAVEN DOWN – ROTTEN
- Rise of the Phoenix: ALLEGAEON – ANIMATE (Rush cover)
- BLACK SABBATH – WAR PIGS
- DIAMOND HEAD – AM I EVIL
- THE ALMIGHTY – DESTROYED
- MOTORHEAD – LOVE ME FOREVER
- STIFF KITTENS – BOUND
- GHOST – CIRICE
- PANTERA – COWBOYS FROM HELL
- IRON MAIDEN – REMEMBER TOMORROW
- SOIL – HALO
- COREY TAYLOR – X-M@$
- RAGING SPEEDHORN – MOTORHEAD
- ASYLUM 8 – THANATAPHOBIA
- IAMSIN – KINGS & QUEENS
- SKARLETT RIOT – AFFLICTION
- AUDREY HORNE – THIS IS WAR
- WITCH TRIPPER – ZERO GRAVITY
- NORDHEIM – I WISH YOU WERE BEER
- INTERVIEW – PETE OF LAWNMOWER DETH
- KIM WILDE vs. LAWNMOWER DETH – F U KRISTMAS
- EVERGREY – SOLITUDE WITHIN
- DEVIN TOWNSEND – KINGDOM
- Rise of the Phoenix: GHOST – IF YOU HAVE GHOSTS (Roky Erickson cover)
- STALKER – SHOCKED TO DEATH
- ACCUSER – MISSION: MISSILE
- LEAVES’ EYES – FIRE IN THE NORTH
- SCARS OF SOLITUDE – I REMAIN HERE
- ICED EARTH – BLACK FLAG
- CAVALERA CONSPIRACY – SPECTRAL WAR
- DEMISE OF THE CROWN – BLACK RAIN
- MOTORHEAD – (WE ARE) THE ROAD CREW
- PILE OF PRIESTS – TENEBROUS LABYRINTH
- ENTRAILS – DEATH IS THE RIGHT PATH
- NORDHEIM – TROLL RIDING A RAPTOR
Jovi: Congratulations on 10 years of Sinnergod. What have been the highest and lowest points during your time together as Sinnergod?
Chris: Highest point is probably playing with big bands such as Misfits and Blaze Bayley. Lowest point will probably be that we are still kind of underground band. It would be great to be more popular.
Jovi: I first heard of you through my mum. She has probably been my main influence of what types of bands I like to listen to. If you were influenced by your parents, who would you be listening to?
Chris: Our father was a musician and played the guitar, so he was heavily influenced by the likes of The Shadows and The Beatles. Think more than anything we have been influenced by the likes of The Shadows especially being guitar orientated. So if it wasn’t for the likes of them sort of bands we wouldn’t be doing what we are doing now to be fair.
Jovi: Mark and Chris; were you always close growing up and have you always liked the same music?
Chris: We have always been close growing up as I think we had no choice and we have always liked the same music.
Mark: We started off in different bands but someone said “why don’t you start a band with your brother Chris?” So we like got together and decided to start a band.
Jovi: So where did the name Sinnergod come from?
Mark: I don’t know. I was just trying to think of a band name. I think that thinking of a band name is the hardest thing to do. I don’t know what it means or where it comes from, I just woke up and thought “Sinnergod is a good name” so yeah we just used that, there was no plan behind it, it was just a dream.
Jovi: Who has been your favourite band to tour with?
Chris: There are quite a few to be fair. We like to perform with the up and coming bands that have recently formed. In regards to supporting people I think The Misfits was the best one. They are a big classic American Band and you don’t know how to take some of the big bands. They are rather arrogant or accommodating and The Misfits, they were dead friendly and really accommodating.
Mark: It was really great too as Jerry the lead singer, when we were playing, was stood at the side of the stage clapping away. That was really cool.
Jovi: I am only 13 and have a lot to learn. You are the only Goth band I know of. Who do I need to check out to broaden my knowledge?
Chris: For Goth bands, the one that influences us the most, but you wouldn’t know it from the style we have got is probably Marilyn Manson.
Mark: There is a new band called Creeper. They’re quite Gothic.
Jovi: Your last album, “Sinnergod”, was released in September last year. How has this been received by your fans?
Chris: Very good. The day before the release you are always on edge because you don’t know whether you are going to gain fans or lose fans, or whether people are going to like it or not. It won awards so it did alright. It sold more than 5 times of our previous realises all together. So we must have done something right.
Jovi: Any plans for a new album anytime soon?
Mark: Yes. We’re writing it now so with any luck we will be recording it in the studio in December. Don’t ask me about a release date because every time we are asked about a release date, it is about 2 years later!!!
Jovi: Do you all contribute towards the writing of your songs?
Chris : No not really, it’s just me and Mark.
Mark: I will come up with the ideas and we will bring it into the practise room and go over it together, but sole writing has mainly gone down to Chris.
Jovi: What are your plans as a band for the near future?
Chris: The biggest plans are to go overseas rather than just in the UK. The real issue is that unless you have the finance you can’t broaden where you play. So next year without fail we will be going over to Europe and possibly America, that side of it. I think once we have done that we have achieved most things, but, that is the main aim is to broaden where we play.
Jovi: My mum used to play a song you did with D-Average in her car. It’s nothing like what you’d do in Sinnergod. Are there anymore like that that you have done?
Mark: Yeah, as I am working with D – Average at the moment. He is doing an album, but I’m producing and mixing the music for him. I won’t be singing, there is only that one. It is nothing like what I have done before. He sent me a load of songs that he wanted me to mix and asked me to write him one for his album. I think I wrote it and recorded it in one day. I’m still working with him but I don’t think I will be doing anymore singing. He is not from round here. He is from L.A.
Jovi: So just for fun. I was named after my mum’s first love. If you were to have kids and you had to name them after your first love of a band or musician, what would they be called?
Chris: Well, my son is called Corey.
Mark: My son is called Nick, so no relevance to anybody.
(At this point my mum said maybe he called him after Nik Kershaw or Nick Hayward. I mean who on earth are they?!!!)
Chris: Nick Carter out of the Street Boys!!
Mark: Oh, no! This has all gone downhill!!
Jovi: By the way I love the song Burn. I even like the clown in the video!!! This is just the type of song I would play at a Halloween party.
Mark: we played a gig at Wigan at the Boulevard last year and we got the clown to dress up and go out with Sinnergod Balloons. It went down well.
Jovi: I have interviewed Lips from Anvil once and I believe you are going to be touring with them. Knowing what his party trick is, are you going to be shopping at Ann Summers before hand?
Chris: Haha! I get that!!
Jovi: I just want to thank Sinnergod for inviting me to interview them at their practice rooms. I hope everything goes well for your future as a Band.
- STALKER – SHADOW OF THE SWORD
- BAD POLLYANNA – MONSTROUS CHILD
- SECRET RULE – MY DOORS
- FURY – LOST IN SPACE
- DAKESIS – TO CONQUER OR DIE
- MESHIAAK – THE MASK OF ALL MISERY
- PANZER – WE CAN NOT BE SILENCED
- MOTORHEAD – DANCING ON YOUR GRAVE
- IRON MAIDEN – FEAR OF THE DARK
- BLACK MOTH – MOONBOW
- MYRKUR – THE SERPENT
- VOODOO BLOOD – BLEED
- KING WITCH – SHOULDERS OF GIANTS
- TRIAXIS – DYING SUN
- DECATUR – SHATTERPROOF
- BLACK SABBATH – WHEN DEATH CALLS
- SODOM – AGENT ORANGE
- LAMB OF GOD – WALK WITH ME IN HELL
- KREATOR – TOXIC TRACE
- QUICKSAND – ILLUMINANT
- GHOST – SQUARE HAMMER
https://www.mixcloud.com/widget/iframe/?feed=%2FMetal_Ashes%2Fmetal-ashes-radio-show-episode-71-17th-november-2017%2F“>The mixcloud podcast of this show.